Speaking at the event, Brigadier General Aung Zeya, Myanmar’s Military, Naval and Air Force Attaché to Vietnam, reviewed the establishment and development of the Myanmar Armed Forces.
He also affirmed that, the Myanmar Armed Forces wished to strengthen the friendship and comprehensive cooperation with the VPA.
|Major General Ngo Minh Tien speaking at the event|
For his part, Gen. Tien emphasized that in the context of the flourishing bilateral relations between the two countries, the cooperation between the VPA and Myanmar’s Armed Forces have continuously been expanded.
He expressed his belief that the bilateral defense relations will develop more strongly in the time to come, becoming an important part in the Vietnam-Myanmar comprehensive cooperative partnership.
This will also make positive contributions to building the ASEAN Community based on three pillars, especially politics-security, thus fostering peace and stability in the region as well as facilitating the development of each ASEAN member state and the whole community, he added.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Defense chiefs laud victory in Marawi
- Myanmar makes full preparation to host ASEAN meetings
- Analysis: US works on Asia ties amid Mideast focus
- Advances in communications, transportation make threats borderless
- Rapid advancement in communications, transpo make threats borderless: DND chief
- Issues before ASEAN ministers meeting in Manila
- US defends Asian alliances against China criticism
- 4,273 security personnel deployed as Bacolod hosts Asean meeting
- China issue to top Aquino, Abe agenda
- Beijing forced PNoy to skip Caexpo