|At the scene (Photo: Dantri)|
The accident occurred at a rail crossing in Vu Thuong residential area in Ai Quoc commune in Hai Duong City.
According to initial information, the incident took place at 11:00 when a motorbike carrying two people was hit by an oncoming train as it attempted to cross the rail line. As a result of the crash, the motorbike was pulled about 300 metres down the tracks by the train.
The accident completely destroyed the motorbike and killed two women in the process. They were later identified as Nguyen Thi Mai Khanh, 45, and Pham Thi Toi, 49.
Authorities are investigating further into the cause of the accident.
- 58 dead in National Day holiday traffic accidents
- A woman died after a car collided with her as she walked along a pavement in Chadderton
- ‘PUBG’ Xbox Update Adds Training Mode, Beryl M762 & Scooter
- 31 dead in oil tanker blaze in Uganda
- Train slams into school bus, five dead, 25 injured
- Three dead, six injured in two railway accidents
- Council awarded £2.8m to improve deadly stretch of A18
- Co Tyrone man dies in Australian motorbike accident
- Indonesia tsunami victims told MORE deadly megawaves could be on the way