While the market is awash with different types of supplementary food, there are still genuine brands with traceable origin, Photo: Le Toan In recent years, supplementary food are becoming more and more popular, especially among office workers. Thao Van, a 32-year old office worker in Hanoi, is trying to lose weight after stopping breastfeeding her baby. She spends an hour to exercise every day and is looking for a type of supplementary food to burn fat. However, after a few days of browsing, she feels hopelessly lost in the world of supplementary food of varying origins, prices, and quality. “It is very difficult to choose. Along with products with clear origin from the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and South Korea that are quite expensive, there are a lot of cheap products from China. I cannot tell which products are safe,” Van told VIR. According to statistics published by the Vietnam Association of Functional Food (VAFF), only 63 kinds of supplementary food were sold by 13 importers in 2000. Now there are 4,190 foreign and local manufacturers with 10,930 products. In addition, 90 per cent of pharmacies in Vietnam sell supplementary food. Booming market Healthcare holds great potential in Vietnam, with… Read full this story
- 50 Healthy Foods That Are Secretly Unhealthy
- New healthy food and creativity space opens in Liverpool
- Louisville restaurants forced to offer healthy food on kid's menus
- Jamie Oliver pitches ideas for healthy food adverts
- Tips to put the health back into healthy food trends
- ‘Healthy Food’ Triggers Organic Food Export
- Demand for ‘healthy food’ increases organic product exports from India
- The Dispensary restaurant owner prescribes 'local, organic and healthy' food
- Healthy food trend sees shift in bread preferences
- Spending on food: Which countries spend most?
Thousand shades of grey in healthy food have 294 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.