Police decided to carry out legal proceeding against Wu He Shan and his accomplices, including Vietnamese Thao A Do, Thao No Pao and Ly A Vu for bringing drugs into Vietnam and then transporting to another country.
As Sai Gon Giai Phong Newspaper released, the Investigation Police Department for Drug-Related Criminals on March 20 discovered the cross-border drug ring and confiscated approximately 300 kilograms of crystal meth at An Suong Crossroads in HCMC.
Eleven suspects in their bust on a large-scale drug ring comprising of eight Chinese, Vietnamese and Laotian nationals were arrested.
The ring members have been smuggling narcotics from Laos into Vietnam via the Bo Y Border Gate in the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum for consumption in Ho Chi Minh City.
According to Vietnam’s law, trading, trafficking, or storing over 100 grams of heroin is punishable with up to 20 years’ imprisonment, life imprisonment or capital punishment.
by TUAN VU – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Laotian man arrested in cross-border drug case
- Punjab Police Bust Another Gang For Cross-Border Drug Smuggling
- Police welcome jail terms for cross-border drugs gang
- Urgent arrest warrant issued for leader of big cross-border drug ring
- An Giang: Five seized in major cross-border drug trafficking ring
- Spanish judge issues international arrest warrants against two attackers of the North Korean embassy
- Cross border drug smuggling operation thwarted in Lang Son
- An Giang: Five seized in major cross border drug trafficking ring
- Four members of cross-border drugs gang jailed