ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The last of three New York men accused of stealing cash and gift cards from the mail has admitted his guilt.
Federal prosecutors say 28-year-old Cordell James of Rochester pleaded guilty to conspiracy Friday and faces up to five years in prison.
Authorities say James was employed by a U.S. Postal Service contractor at the Greater Rochester International Airport in 2018 when he and two other men conspired to steal from the mail for their personal use. The contractor was responsible for receiving and loading mail onto cargo airplanes for further delivery.
Michael Harris and Chansen Diaz have already been convicted and are awaiting sentencing.
- New York AG warns scammers are targeting lonely grandparents by pretending to be their own grandchildren and asking for money amid COVID lockdown restrictions
- SoHo Karen Miya Ponsetto, 22, lands back in New York following her extradition from California to face trial for attacking black boy, 14, after her lawyer said trainwreck Gayle King interview shows she's 'clearly not well'
- 2020 media scandals and controversies, from Chris Cuomo’s coronavirus hypocrisy to New York Times’ turmoil
- Cops investigating ‘SoHo Karen’ after she falsely accused black teen of stealing her phone amid calls for ASSAULT charge
- Police: Man Using Cane, Wheelchair Tries To Rob Bank In Manhattan
- Canadian man, 54, who 'defrauded more than 1 MILLION Americans out of $180m during 20-year psychic mail fraud scam' is extradited from Spain and charged by DOJ
- VIDEO: Mail Theft Suspects Caught On Camera, Arrested In Unincorporated San Leandro
- On wedding anniversary, Rajasthan man gifts wife 3 acres of land on Moon
- 'I am my mother's son': Harry uses a photo of Diana and vows to 'unleash the power of compassion' with Meghan on new website for foundation that reveals partnerships with Stanford 'centre for altruism research' and 'humane technology' charity
- Times Square's iconic Waterford crystal ball is readied ahead of virtual New Year's Eve celebration that will take place without the million-strong crowd for the first time EVER amid COVID
- The best cash-back services for 2021
- 'The moment is finally upon us… now is the time to seize it': Boris Johnson hails 'new beginning in our country's history' as Queen grants royal assent to his Brexit trade deal meaning divorce happens at 11pm tonight
New York man admits to stealing cash, gift cards from mail have 364 words, post on apnews.com at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.