An estimated 64 percent of foreign workers in Vietnam have joined compulsory social insurance (Illustrative photo: en.nhandan.com.vn) Hanoi (VNA) – An estimated 64 percent of foreign workers in Vietnam have joined compulsory social insurance after the Government’s decree 143/2018/ND-CP regulating compulsory social insurance for foreign workers took effect. The figure was revealed recently by Dinh Duy Hung, deputy director of the Contribution Collection Department under the Vietnam Social Security (VSS). Hung said total collection of social insurance premiums paid by foreign workers in the country has amounted to 100 billion VND. According to statistics by the Ministry of Labour, Invalids, and Social Affairs, the number of foreign employees in the country increased from 63,557 in 2011 to 83,046 in 2016. They mostly came from Asian countries like China, the Republic of Korea, and Japan, accounting for 73 percent of the total; followed by European nations (21.6 percent) and North America (2.4 percent). Decree No.143/2018/ND-CP took effect from December 1, 2018. It stipulates that employees who are foreign citizens working in Vietnam with either a work permit, practice certificate, or practice licence granted by Vietnamese authorities and under unfixed-term labour contracts or contracts with a term of full one year and… Read full this story
- Government to help firms hire foreign workers
- Japan firms welcome skilled foreign workers, frown at unskilled laborers: Reuters poll
- Trump's Mar-a-Lago asks for more foreign workers during 'Made in America Week'
- Donald Trump’s Florida clubs are hiring — but the jobs will go to foreign workers
- Trump Vineyard Seeks More Foreign Workers
- Trump Beach Resort In Florida Seeks More Foreign Workers
- Trump Winery Seeks Even More Foreign Workers
- H-1B visa-reliant Cisco ‘secured visas for foreign workers instead of hiring U.S. citizens’: report
- Trump Winery in Virginia looks to hire more foreign workers, despite President Trump’s 'hire American' plans
- Mar-a-Lago continues quest for foreign workers with small ads for Americans
Nearly two thirds of foreign workers in Vietnam join compulsory social insurance have 319 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.