Bodies of victims (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnamese Foreign Ministry asked the Ministry of Public Security to verify identity of victims in a road accident in the Thai province of Kanchanaburi that left 10 migrant workers dead, including five Vietnamese. After the accident occured on March 23, the Vietnamese embassy in Thailand contacted provincial authorities to take citizen protection measures. The embassy also asked the transportation company to offer financial assistance to victims’ families. The Foreign Ministry directed the embassy continue keeping track of the case. Relevant information are available via the embassy’s hotline 66 89 896 6653 or Vietnam’s citizen protection hotline 84 981 84 84 84. In its latest announcement, Thailand’s CPS company, which employed Vietnamese workers, said it will initially offer 200,000 THB (2,000 USD) to families of victims, then 700,000 THB depending on vehicle insurance. According to the Thai media, the accident occurred in an intersection 150km west of Bangkok. The surviving driver of the 16-seater van said the car was on way to Phunamron border gate, Myanmar when it was hit by a truck behind at an intersection without traffic light. The van later plunged into a roadside canal after the crash. About… Read full this story
- India's Foreign Ministry asks some officials to quarantine after two positive for virus
- India verifying if China built road in Shaksgam Valley
- Metropolitan Police officer 'asked revenge porn victim to send him naked photos'
- MobileKids crash-prevention training kicks off in HCM City
- Driver Killed, Passengers Injured In Rear-End Crash With VTA Bus In San Jose
- Is this the end of the wallet? Apple files patent for technology that allows user to verify their identity without a passport, driver's license or ID card
- Families of PIA crash victims reject probe report
- Hai Phong welcomes launch of Thai Products’ Week
- Man Killed In Armstrong Co. Crash, Speed Believed To Be A Factor
- Hit-And-Run Driver Wanted In Crash That Killed 11-Year-Old Girl In Highland
Ministry asks for verifying identity of victims in Thai road crash have 324 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 23, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.