A Vietnamese woman accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea’s leader, will continue trial after Malaysian prosecutors rejected a request from Vietnam to free her on Thursday (Mar 14). Vietnamese national, Doan Thi Huong (2nd R)is escorted by Malaysian police at the Shah Alam High Court, outside Kuala Lumpur, on March 14, 2019 to stand trial for her alleged role in the assassination of Kim Jong Nam AFP/MOHD RASFAN The Vietnamese government had made the call after Doan Thi Huong’s co-accused, an Indonesian woman by the name of Siti Aisyah, was released on Monday. Huong and Aisyah were charged with killing Kim by smearing his face with VX poison, a banned chemical weapon, at Kuala Lumpur airport in February 2017. Wearing a bulletproof vest and a red headscarf, Huong arrived at the Malaysian court where she has been on trial for a year and a half over the assassination. On Monday, the murder charge was unexpectedly withdrawn against Aisyah, who flew back to Jakarta to a jubilant welcome. Lawyers for Huong – who could face death by hanging if convicted – then asked the Malaysian government to withdraw the murder charge against her. The women have… Read full this story
- We Won the Nobel Peace Prize Last Year—Here's How Trump and Kim Jong Un Could Win It | Opinion
- Thousands of North Koreans 'attend mass rally' in Pyongyang to support Kim Jong Un after his threats to create 'new strategic weapon' in anger over stalled nuclear talks with US
- Report: Assad to Meet With Kim Jong-un in North Korea
- Tucker Carlson defends Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un, says leading a country "means killing people"
- Who Are the North Korean Officials Sanctioned by the U.S.? Kim Jong Sik and Ri Pyong Chol Are the Real Rocket Men
- Report: Kim Jong-Un's Sister Marries Son of Dictator's Right-Hand Man
- Trump wishes North Korea's Kim Jong Un happy birthday, via South Korea
- The Starting 5: Iran Strikes Back, Carlos Ghosn, Measles Vaccine, Kim Jong Un's Birthday and a New China Report
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un open to fresh talks with Donald Trump if US has 'right attitude'
- Why Kim Jong Un's Birthday Is Just Another Day in North Korea
Kim Jong Nam murder trial: Malaysia rejects call to release Vietnamese woman have 381 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.