HP unveils two new laptops for the Vietnamese market on Thursday. – VNS Photo Thu Ngan
HP unveiled two new laptops, Spectre and Elite, in HCM City on Thursday.
The Spectre x360 13 and EliteBook x360 1040 G5 are priced at VND42.99 million (US$1,900) and VND41.99 million ($1,840).
The company said at the launch that Vietnamese millennials are “tech-savvy, open to change and have high expectations for a technology device which can do it all for their demanding lifestyles – whether at home, work or school.
“With these insights in mind, HP is focused on reinventing new experiences for busy, on-the-go lifestyles, while still being able to meet specific computing needs.”
The HP Spectre x360 13, available in poseidon blue with pale brass accents, features a gem cut design.
It is equipped with leading security features, an integrated FHD IR camera and a fingerprint reader for fast and secure login and a privacy camera kill switch which allows the user to electrically turn off the webcam when it is not in use.
It is powered with the latest quad-core 8th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor and offers long battery life.
Building on the heritage of the HP Elite Portfolio, the new HP EliteBook x360 1040 G5 is a 14-inch diagonal convertible in a 13-inch form factor.
It comes with built-in security features with HP’s hardware enforced security.
Nguyen Minh Duc, country business manager, HP Vietnam, said: “The boundaries between personal and professional lives are blurring. Consumers want technology that can seamlessly adapt to their work and personal lives, while allowing them to express their individuality.
“Our latest Spectre and Elite innovations enable amazing PC experiences and set new standards for performance, connectivity, and security, while delivering a sense of style.
“This includes the launch of HP’s first notebooks with a privacy camera kill switch to a precision-crafted convertible built on the 10 year heritage of Elite Portfolio.” – VNS
- Where to buy a gaming PC with the new Nvidia RTX 2080 first
- The best back-to-school deals from Best Buy
- Ford Ranger Wildtrak facelift unveiled with new tech
- Geometry A unveiled – first model in Geely's new EV brand, up to 500 km range, from RM92k subsidised
- The best tablets for 2018: Our top picks
- Ford Ranger T6 facelift launched in Malaysia – six variants, 2.2L and 3.2L, priced from RM91.5k
- In Sync at CES: Announcing G-SYNC Compatible Monitors and BFGD Pre-Orders
- Bonhams, Gooding & Company, and RM Sotheby’s Amelia Island Highlights