Eamonn Holmes clashed with Alice Beer on today’s This Morning over some controversial breakfast advice.
Alice was highlighting the worryingly high amount of sugar in popular cereals and giving viewers alternative options.
Eamonn turned his nose up at the granola-based cereals and revealed his favourites were Sugar Puffs, Frosties and Ricicles.
Alice warned: “If you’re not careful you’re going to put on weight if you eat those kinds of cereals.”
Eamonn lost it when Alice revealed her recommended portion sizes – but she was shocked at his idea of a normal serving.
He shouted: “Oh get out of it. Come on. Be serious.
“If you went to a hotel and queued up for your buffet and someone handed you that…”
Eamonn grabbed his full bowl and compared it to the meagre offering that Alice had suggested.
The This Morning host tried some of the ‘healthy’ cereal and was pleasantly surprised.
Eamonn said: “That’s not as bad as I thought it would taste. I thought it would be like poison but it’s not bad.”
He joked: “The only thing you can guarantee is if you lead a miserable life you will live forever.”
Later on, Alice said: “I’m just saying alice it’s a difficult journey for a lot of people. I’m trying to wean myself off the Frosties.”
This Morning viewers agreed with Eamonn and hit back at Alice’s advice.
One viewer said: “Oh bore off Alice and let people enjoy their lives”
“Shut up Alice, I’ll eat what I want,” added another.
A third said: “Alice is so irritating on #ThisMorning better not let her know I eat biscuits for breakfast”
*This Morning airs weekdays on ITV at 10.30am
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
- Kobe Bryant offers advice to Celtics' Kyrie Irving: 'Find an emotional connection with your teammates'
- Spurs reach Champions League semi-final with astonishing, unbelievable, VAR-controversy-filled win over Man City
- Subaru Outback Through the Outback
- Nurse, make mine a double! Cooking hearty fry-ups for patients, serving brandy from the medicine trolley and sparking up ciggies on the wards... just some of the old-school methods revealed in a hilarious memoir
- FMIA: Kyler Murray and One Coach’s Argument For Why The Small QB Will Have a Massive Impact in the NFL
- How dare they blame the heroes? After a report blasted the fire service's response to Grenfell, BARBARA DAVIES reveals the bravery of firefighters who ran into the flames again and again
- 40 Small Business Trends and Predictions for 2017
- ‘I’m going to get my wife to say hello!’ Harry introduces Meghan to Australian war widow, 98, as he meets her for the third time and shares a cuddle after she stole a cheeky kiss on his previous visits
- We Are the Baja Stormtroopers: L.A. to Cabo in Toyota’s TRD Pro Lineup
- Divide and Conquer in a Lotus Evora
- Three Lions, Anthony Joshua, Lewis Hamilton and Co made it a memorable 2018
- FMIA: The Combine Names to Know and How NFL Might Handle Kraft
Eamonn Holmes rages at Alice Beer over controversial breakfast advice have 510 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.