For those who have experienced several election cycles, it is tiring to hear career politicians alarming us that every General Election is critical to Barbados’ future. It is now a standard claim that is used by all political parties to encourage people to vote. However, the aftermath is the same.After the election results are announced and the jubilation had ended, the politicians normally gather around the trough. They are surrounded by their political supporters who hope for spillage when the politicians feed while the rest of us begin to realise that nothing would really change.Since our independence 52 years ago, we have had only two political administrations, the BLP and the DLP. They both made promises to properly manage Barbados’ economy, and we believed them. However, all they have done is to bring us to the brink of economic ruin. They have both brought us to where Jamaica and Guyana were before their currency was devalued – out of all good options.With Barbados’ national debt exceeding 150 per cent of GDP, which is significantly higher than the 40 per cent GDP debt upper limit that the IMF warned us not to cross, we can expect the devaluation of our dollar. … Read full this story
- Intel, the Chipmaker Who Cried Wolf
- Scott Wolf revealed he cried after 'falling into a rabbit hole' of watching Party of Five reruns on Netflix
- Hawk to the Hunting Gone review – You Are Wolf present English avant-folk at its finest
- Silicon Valley’s mantra of spend big, grow fast? It’s changing.
- How Did Drones Take Out 5 Percent Of The World's Oil Supply?
- Home Secretary Priti Patel slams the way police were treated under Theresa May and calls for tougher penalties for 'monsters' who attack officers
- Nolte: Mitt Romney Caught with Secret ‘Pierre Delecto’ Twitter Account to Champion Himself
- The governors’ races, two weeks out
- Rick Fox Accuses Fellow Esports Organization Investor Of Trying To 'Engineer A Firesale'
- Pennsylvania’s gas politics churn as Trump embraces industry
Crying Wolf have 343 words, post on barbadostoday.bb at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.