Deputy Prime Minister Trương Hoà Bình speaks at the 2019 Đắk Lắk investment promotion conference held on March 10 in the province. VNS Photo Việt Dũng Viet Nam News Xuân Hiệp & Việt Dũng ĐẮK LẮK — Deputy Prime Minister Trương Hoà Bình has urged the Central Highlands region to build a Vietnamese coffee brand capable of competing with rivals at home and abroad. Speaking at the opening ceremony of the seventh Buôn Ma Thuột Coffee Festival on Saturday night, Bình said the region should aim to become a “world famous coffee destination”. The area is known for its basaltic land with huge rubber and coffee plantations, he noted. “The Central Highlands region has great advantages and potential for coffee plantations and exports.” Đắk Lắk Province’s coffee products, with the geographical indication “Buôn Ma Thuột Coffee”, are sold in some 65 countries and territories worldwide, making the largest contribution to Việt Nam’s coffee exports. Bình said that Đắk Lắk and other provinces with coffee growing areas should ensure sustainable production by promoting biodiversity, organic agriculture and cultural values. A sustainable strategy to preserve the identity of local ethnic groups, especially the gong culture, was also needed, he said. “The Buôn Ma Thuột coffee festival plays a major… Read full this story
- Southern, Central Highlands regions maintain dry climate
- Central Highlands face wildfire risks
- Sweet start-up brings Central Highlands honey to the world
- Costa Coffee: Employees call £200 deductions for training 'unfair'
- Across China: Foreign trade enterprises in central China province gain support amid epidemic
- Lost and Found Orchestra to open Adelaide Festival — and you can see them for half the price
- Price of watermelons increases to VND4,000 per kilogram in Quang Ngai Province
- The crazy world of Burning Man – festival survival guide
- Low rainfall expected across central Vietnam over next two months
- Nestlé Vietnam introducing premium quality Vietnamese coffee to the world
Central Highlands province opens coffee festival, calls for investment have 343 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.