– The agricultural sector posted a trade surplus of 1 billion USD in the January-February period despite a year-on-year decrease of 1.6 percent in export value.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), the sector earned 5.5 billion USD from the export of farm produce and forestry and aquatic products.
In the two months, the revenue of farm produce exports stood at 2.71 billion USD, a drop of 10.1 percent; while that of animal husbandry hit 77 million USD, down 7 percent.
In the first two months of this year, the country saw a trade deficit of 84 million USD.
Total export-import turnover hit 73.44 billion USD, a year-on-year rise of 6.7 percent, of which, export revenues increased 5.9 percent to 36.68 billion USD and import value rose 7.5 percent to 36.76 billion USD. -VNA
- Agriculture posts trade surplus of 3.7 bln USD
- Vietnam's agro-forestry-seafood sector to post 890 M USD trade surplus in January
- 10-month export turnover hits 144 billion USD
- Vietnam records trade surplus in seven months
- Agro-forestry-fishery trade surplus hits 8.12 bln USD in first 9 months of 2012
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 26/10
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 30/12
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 4/5
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports hit $33 billion