Deputy Head of the Husbandry and Animal Health in Ninh Binh Province Nguyen Tien Manh affirmed the African Swine Fever outbreak was detected in Nguyen Xuan Hai breeder’s farm in Bach Cu village in Hoa Lu District.
Local vets are making concerted efforts to quarantine and disinfect the farm to prevent spreading.
On the same day, animal health authorities in Quang Ninh announced an outbreak of the disease in a hog herd of Nguyen Thi Lan in Duc Son village in Dong Trieu Town. Local authorities took samples for test and test results have shown samples were positive for the deadly virus.
Vets have isolated the village and disinfected the farm with chemicals as well as culled all pigs.
By VAN PHUC – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Vietnam destroys 4,000 pigs as African swine fever makes comeback
- African swine fever recurs in 20 localities nationwide
- Poland Sees Second African Swine Fever Outbreak This Year – Report
- 'Unstoppable': African swine fever deaths to eclipse record 2019 toll
- Morning Digest: India open to dialogue with Nepal; citing swine fever, China bans pork imports from India, and more
- Scarcity sends Vietnam pork prices to 20-year high
- Mekong Delta provinces strive to recover pig herds
- Weak growth outlook to spur further monetary easing in Vietnam: Fitch Solutions
- Provinces vaccinate livestock against foot-and-mouth disease, swine flu
- 'America told us to get over it': black Vietnam veterans hail Spike Lee film that finally tells their story
- UNICEF distributes life-saving supplies to over 340,000 people in Vietnam in response to COVID-19
- Vietnam province to isolate 1,000+ foreign steel, oil experts
African Swine Fever spreads to 12 provinces in Vietnam have 247 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.