Young people wave at their families at a see-off ceremony in Phu Tho province on February 20 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Thousands of young people nationwide are leaving home to join the army for their military service in late February. A ceremony to see off newly-recruited soldiers in Hanoi’s Dan Phuong district on February 20 was attended by General Luong Cuong, Chairman of the General Political Department of the Vietnam People’s Army (VPA); Nguyen Duc Chung, Chairman of Hanoi city People’s Committee and Chairman of the city’s military service council; Major General Nguyen Hong Thai, Commander of the Hanoi Capital Command, among other guests. On behalf of the new soldiers, Vuong Chuong Dinh from Dan Phuong’s Phuong Dinh commune said he felt proud to follow the path of older generations. Hugging his mother at the ceremony, Tran Van Quang said he is resolved to be a good soldier, adding that he wants to improve his knowledge so that he can contribute to local development after completing his military service. At similar ceremonies in other districts of Hanoi, newly conscripted soldiers said they are eager to fulfil their duty as citizens to the motherland. Deputy Chief of the General… Read full this story
- Ryan Reynolds sends message to his native British Columbia to discourage young people from partying during pandemic: 'Don't kill my mom'
- Ryan Reynolds tells young people to stop 'dangerous' partying
- Spain bans smoking in public nationwide and closes nightclubs and late-night bars as coronavirus cases hit 3,000 a day in worsening 'second wave'
- Army chief and Bill Gates discuss coronavirus, resumption of polio drive in Pakistan
- Independence Day 2020: Indian Army shares tweet to commemorate this special day
- Fought Chinese army for 17-20 hours: ITBP in first account of LAC stand-off
- Kamala Harris' rise sends message of hope to young girls of color
- Maplewood Deploys Young Social Distancing Ambassadors To Help Remind People To Wear Masks
- Kenya finds way to keep young engaged
- On A Positive Note: Young Man Organizes Clean Up Crew To Beautify Community
Young people nationwide join army have 350 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.