Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the DPRK’s Workers’ Party of Korea, ran an article on Vietnam’s economic development on February 27, in which it hailed Vietnam’s economic potential.
The article highlighted the Vietnamese Government’s efforts to accelerate economic renovation and consolidate the socialist regime, which indicated the DPRK’s interest in Vietnam’s Doi Moi (renewal) process.
|National flags of the DPRK, the US and Vietnam attached to a plaque with a friendship symbol of handshake are decorating many streets downtown Hanoi.|
The same day, an article on Singapore’s Chinese-language Zaobao spotlighted Hanoi’s preparation for the rare summit on February 27-28. Both Trump and Kim received warm welcome from local people who waved flowers and flags when they arrived in Vietnam on February 26.
The article also noted that the national flags of the DPRK, the US and Vietnam attached to a plaque with a friendship symbol of handshake are decorating many streets in downtown Hanoi.
It said with only 10 days for preparations, workers in Hanoi worked throughout the nights to decorate the streets around the hotels where the US and DPRK leaders will stay.
As the summit takes place on the occasion of 20 years the capital city of Hanoi receiving the UNESCO’s “City of Peace” title, many Hanoians voiced the hope that Vietnam will develop friendship ties with all countries as well as contribute to peace progress all over the world, the article wrote.
Local people’s hospitality and Hanoi streets decorated with flowers and banners of the summit have also impressed Singapore’s English-language digital news provider TODAY.
- Global Solutions Initiative Global Solutions Summit 2019
- Leading Asia Scholarship! The One Young World Summit 2019
- The Transformation of Search Summit 2019: Speakers, agenda, FAQ
- A Look at The WP Engine Summit 2019
- Fey and Poehler Will Make Bank for Hosting the Golden Globe Awards
- Aziz Ansari is about to make history by hosting 'SNL'
- Wine-Equipped 2019 ES Custom Concept Headlines Lexus' SEMA Show Presence
- Vietnam could look to host Formula 1 races
- Racing Point F1 Team Boss Says 2019 Regulations Make New Cars Much Slower
- 2019 Updates Make Abarth 124 Rally Racer Faster, Easier To Drive