HANOI, Feb 27 – U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un meet on Wednesday for their second summit, betting their personal relationship can break a stalemate over the North’s nuclear weapons and end more than 70 years of hostility. Despite little progress toward his stated goal of ridding North Korea of its nuclear weapons since first meeting Kim in Singapore last year,Trump has said he is fully committed to his personal diplomacy with Kim. Trump said late last year he and Kim “fell in love”, and on the eve of his departure for the second summit said they had developed “a very, very good relationship”. Whether the bonhomie can move them beyond summit pageantry to substantive progress on eliminating Pyongyang’s nuclear arsenal that threatens the United States is the question that will dominate their talks in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi. “Vietnam is thriving like few places on earth. North Korea would be the same, and very quickly, if it would denuclearize,” Trump said on Twitter. “The potential is AWESOME, a great opportunity, like almost none other in history, for my friend Kim Jong Un. We will know fairly soon – Very Interesting!” Trump and Kim will meet at the Metropole hotel at… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says ‘walls work’ as he declares national emergency to bank roll his $5.75billion barrier
- Donald Trump says he's not a feminist to the surprise of absolutely no one
- Trump Says US Will Pull Out of Intermediate-Range Nuke Pact
- Trump deserves credit for North-South Korea summit, experts say
- Trump says Koreas have his "blessing" to discuss ending war, in meeting with Japan's Abe -- live stream
- Trump says meeting with Kim Jong Un "could happen soon"
- Fake Trump and fake Kim Jong-Un crash the Winter Olympics opening ceremony
- Trump Says Korean Peace Talks Have His Blessing
- President Trump says he didn't have time to get Melania a birthday present
- When is the Brett Kavanaugh US Supreme Court vote and what did Donald Trump say about the hearing speech?
Trump says his "friend" Kim has great opportunity at second summit in Vietnam have 352 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.