By the end of March 2018, the amount of garbage in the island district was about 70,000 tons, averagely, island households generate about 15 tons of waste per day but the local waste plant treats and processes only five tons per day. Amid the actuality, the People’s Committee of Con Dao district proposed that the garbage would be pressed, packed and transported to the mainland by seagoing vessels for processing. The total cost of the transport of garbage is estimated at more than VND 35 billion (US$ 1.5 million) Vice Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee Le Tuan Quoc agreed the proposal of Con Dao district and assigned the Provincial Department of Construction to valuate the plan and urgently coordinate with relevant agencies to complete the plan before the rainy season. BY NONG NGAN- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Where Would YOU Put Our Nuclear Waste?
- Report: Unused enterprise software is costing businesses a fortune
- Elon Musk Is Bringing Hyperloop Transport System To Nevada; To Travel At 750 Mph
- UK businesses waste £264 million on unnecessary mobile calls
- VA wasted at least $21M on ineligible Medicaid recipients
- Makers, e-cyclers, and upcyclers look for better approaches to mitigate e-waste
- Are consultants a waste of money?
- 9 ways to cut down on medical waste
- The real cost of lying about IT infrastructure costs
- The High Life At Low Cost
Transporting waste from Con Dao to mainland costs US$ 1.5 million have 233 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.