Accordingly, the provincial People’s Committee allowed Huong Phung Wind Power Company Limited to invest in the 30MW Huong Phung 3 wind power plant on an area of 9 hectares in Huong Phung commune, Huong Hoa district. The project has a total investment of over VND 1.58 trillion.
Meanwhile, GELEX Quang Tri Energy JSC has been licensed to build GELEX 1, 2 and 3 wind power plants, with a capacity of 30 MW each. With a combined investment of VND 3.66 trillion, the projects will cover about 24 hectares in Huong Hoa and Dakrong districts.
|Photo for illustration|
All the four projects will be implemented from 2019-2021, with an operation duration of 50 years.
In recent time, Quang Tri has attracted many strategic investors who have potential in capital and technology to involve in large-scale wind power projects.
Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chinh said
the total wind power output is expected to reach 800 MW when the four projects become operational.
The locality has zoned off three wind power development areas on a total of over 6,700 hectares. The first area covers 2,789ha in Huong Son, Huong Lap and Huong Phung communes of Huong Hoa district, and the second spans 2,882ha in Huong Hoa district’s Huong Linh, Huong Lap and Huong Hiep communes.
Meanwhile, the third one covers 1,036ha in coastal areas of Gio Linh and Vinh Linh districts and Con Co island district.
Chinh said that attracting investment in energy, including wind power, is one of the priorities of Quang Tri to turn the locality into an energy hub of the central region. To achieve this goal, the province has issued a number of policies to support businesses in terms of tax, insurance, contract and land.
- Quang Tri attracts strategic investors to wind power projects
- Quang Tri: Over 225 mln USD to be invested in wind power projects
- Quang Tri looks to develop solar, wind power
- Central province approves three wind power projects
- Ninh Thuan steps up implementation of wind power projects
- Largest Thai solar firm plans to invest US$1.76 billion in Vietnam’s wind power project
- New tariffs could recharge Vietnam’s wind power projects
- Another wind power project to be built in Quang Tri
- Government amends bidding guidelines for wind power projects
- Tunisia awards first wind power project contracts