North Korea’s Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said Sunday that the North Korean leader left Pyongyang to begin the journey to Vietnam at around 5 p.m. Saturday. The KCNA said that Kim will take part in the second summit with U.S. President Donald Trump, marking the first time the North Korea’s state media agency has mentioned the event. Kim was accompanied by Kim Yong-chol, who has been a key negotiator in talks with the U.S., and Kim Yo Jong, the leader’s sister, the report said. The state news agency also affirmed that Kim will pay an official visit to Vietnam in response to the invitation of Vietnam’s Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong. The confirmation came a day after Vietnam’s Foreign Ministry made an official statement on Kim’s first official visit to Vietnam without mentioning specific dates. North Korea’s state-run television KRT also released a video on Sunday showing its leader Kim Jong Un leaving Pyongyang by train for the second summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Hanoi. North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un on train for Trump summit North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un on train for Trump summit, Vietnam visit Late last night, there were media… Read full this story
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un vows to further bolster nuclear war deterrence, says state media
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un holds talks on increasing 'nuclear war deterrence'
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un makes another appearance, holds meeting on bolstering nuclear forces
- North Korea's Kim calls for stronger nuclear deterrent: report
- North Korea's Kim holds meeting on bolstering nuclear forces
- North Korea's Kim keeps low public profile in May: analysts
- North Korea's Kim vows to further bolster nuclear war deterrence: KCNA
- North Korea's Kim, in first appearance in weeks, vows to bolster nuclear 'deterrence'
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un appears in public for first time since May 1
- Knowledge about North Korea’s Kim is limited, but crucial
North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un on train for Trump summit - VnExpress International have 342 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.