Sen. Robert Menendez wants to make sure undocumented immigrants who formerly worked at President Donald Trump’s golf clubs are not deported while allegations of misconduct by the Trump organization are being investigated. Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat, wrote to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen requesting that the former workers be protected. They were reportedly fired from Trump-operated facilities in both Bedminster, N.J., and Westchester County, N.Y., after it became public that they did not have legal immigration status. The senator recently met with the former workers, including Victorina Morales and Sandra Diaz, who both worked at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster and came forward in a New York Times story back in December. Morales and Diaz will be attending Tuesday’s State of the Union address. “Because the individuals I met with and others that may step forward appear to be potential witnesses to a crime and may provide the evidence necessary to conduct an appropriate investigation, I urge you to consider requesting or supporting authorization for them to remain in the U.S. during your necessary investigation,” Menendez wrote in his letter to Wray and Nielsen, which was released Monday evening. Menendez wrote that he was concerned the former Trump… Read full this story
- Morocco: Sun, sea and culture at the Mazagan Beach and Golf Resort
- Donald Trump drops plan to host G7 at his own Doral golf resort in Miami
- Trump says his Miami golf resort a contender to host next G-7
- Trump's Scottish Golf Resort Sued for Allegedly Violating Hiker’s Privacy
- Fore! Trump Florida Golf Resort Ordered to Pay Thousands to Stiffed Contractor
- If You Want Donald Trump's Tax Returns, Start Asking Now And Don't Stop
- Lakowe lakes resort hosts 2018 SSIH golf tournament
- Donald Trump dines with the Queen after calling London Mayor Sadiq Khan a 'stone cold loser'
- Here's what Donald Trump will get up to with the Queen and Theresa May on his three-day UK visit
- Trans military couple speak out after Donald Trump issues ban on transgender troops
Menendez wants to protect former Trump golf resort workers from being deported have 355 words, post on www.rollcall.com at February 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.