Illustrative photo. Source: Internet
Over the past time, waterway safety corridor encroachment is rampant in almost all Vietnam’s inland waterways, especially those running through urban and residential areas, hindering the flow of transport and even causing serious traffic accidents.
The inland waterway safety project aims to find and effectively apply measures to improve the efficiency of the state management in inland waterway traffic order and safety in the country.
In addition, the project also aims to raise awareness on traffic law abiding for drivers and people living along the waterways.
Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh requested the Ministry of Transport to propose solutions and forecast the number of vehicles, crew and drivers to achieve the scheme’s targets.
He also assigned the ministry to review the regulations relating to the application of science and technology to inspect and control vehicles.
- SOCIETY IN BRIEF 26/5
- The Government's regular meeting - July 2017
- The Government's regular meeting-June2016
- Social News 21/2
- Social Headlines December 20
- Hurricane Florence: More than 300K evacuate South Carolina coasts; gas stations run out of fuel
- The Latest: Florence weakens slightly, remains Category 3