The group also revealed that the need of its customers for SMS remained unchanged but the number of calls reduced 5-10%.
In fact, the group had anticipated this trend so it had focused on improving the quality and capacity of its 4G network, ensuring that its customers could access the internet, and share pictures, video clips or live-streams at a good speed, even at crowded public places or during peak hours.
|Viettel staff checks network equipment|
In addition to its 120,000 BTS, including 40,000 4G ones, Viettel had also applied some 12,000 technical solutions before the Tet 2019, such as improving capacity of its BTS; increasing data capacity and resources, deploying hundreds of mobile BTS to public places and events; installing about 230 new wifi transmitters at bus stations, railway stations and city centers; and installing 2,100 sets of twin beam antenna to double the capacity of a BTS.
To ensure the quality of the network operation, Viettel used the key performance indicator (KPI) and key quality indicator (KQI) to monitor the quality of phone calls, the speed of video clip uploading, the speed of web uploading and so on.
One of the modern technologies Viettel recently applied to improve the quality of its network is the Self Optimization Network (SON), which could on its own detect, analyze and resolve any issues related to the network at a very high speed.
On knowing that people traveled a lot during the Tet 2019, Viettel had checked and increased capacity of its BTS along expressways, urban centers, tourist attractions and popular destinations like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hue, Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Nam Dinh, Thanh Hoa and Bac Giang.
Additionally, Viettel improved the quality of its fixed network and television service to meet an increasing demand of its customers during the Tet 2019.
Translated by Thu Nguyen
- Viettel ensures telecoms quality for APEC
- Wildflower Begins On-Demand Delivery Service in Los Angeles
- West Corporation Partners with Telestream to Simplify High-Quality Live Streaming for Events and Webinars
- High Quality of Experience Critical in MCC/MCX Communications
- Making bus services high quality
- Viettel actively improves quality of its services to better serve clients
- Mobile service – an opportunity for job seekers
- Viettel actively improves quality of service
- Mobile service - an opportunity for job seekers