Grace Panetta, provided by
Published 1:42 pm PST, Thursday, February 14, 2019
- February 14 is Valentines Day, and couples all around the world are celebrating love.
- Even presidents and first ladies have managed to make time for romance over the years.
- Here’s how presidents from Jimmy Carter to Donald Trump have celebrated Valentine’s Day.
Throughout their 67 year-long marriage, Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn have been heavily involved in public service.
This Valentine’s Day, they’re being honored by the Atlanta Hawks for their 50 years of service to the US and abroad.
AP Photo/David Goldman
Source: Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Ronald Reagan celebrated Valentine’s Day by writing love letters to his wife Nancy.
One dated from 1960 reads, “February 14 may be the day they observe and call Valentine’s Day, but that is for people of ordinary luck. I happen to have a Valentine’s Day which started on March 4, 1952,” referring to their wedding day.
“Given the importance of this to me, will you be my Valentine forever?” he asked.
Source: Michael Bescheloss
- Here’s what you need to know about the border security compromise that could avert another government shutdown
- Read the 13 greatest love letters and tributes from American presidents to their wives
- 25 photos of some of the most adorable and well-known dogs to live in the White House
- Vijay-Sangeetha, Ajith-Shalini & More: Star Couples Who Set Major Couple Goals This Valentines Day!
- See Nicole Kidman, John Legend and More Hollywood Stars Celebrate Valentine's Day 2020
- Valentines Day 2020: These Ridiculously Amazing Chocolate Cake Recipes Are Something To Drool Over
- History Of Valentine’s Day: Know The Origin And Why People Celebrate This Day
- Himanshi Elated After John Cena & Paris Hilton Follow Her On Twitter; Celebrates V-Day With Asim!
- With a thank you to Lord Hanuman, Kejriwal to take oath on Valentines Day
- Celebrity daily edit: Luxembourg royals celebrate national day, Kim Kardashian goes au naturel - video
- Valentines Day Dress Code 2020: Here Are 20 Outfit Ideas For Men And Women
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day, Italian style
- Valentines Day 2013 celebrity engagement ring gallery