Fireworks were set off in 30 locations in Hanoi to give the Year of the Pig a dazzling welcome.
At the stroke of midnight the sky lit up with light, colors and noise.
Venues like Hoan Kiem Lake and Lac Long Quan Flower Garden set off 500 fireworks.
The displays lasted 15 minutes.
Hoan Kiem Lake has always been one of the main areas for festive fireworks displays.
There were six places from where high-altitude fireworks were set off, while at 24 other places all over the city firecrackers were lit.
At latter venues like Ngoc Khanh Lake in Ba Dinh District and Den Lu Lake in Hoang Mai District 120 fireworks were set off.
Hanoi’s walking-only streets near Hoan Kiem Lake and the old quarter will be open to vehicles from February 1 to February 10 to ease Tet traffic congestion.
Firework display at Lac Long Quan Flower Garden.
Millions of people came out on the streets to see the fireworks in Hanoi.
Pháo hoa rực sáng hồ Gươm
- Hanoi: Lunar New Year 2021 tree-planting festival inaugurated
- Overseas Vietnamese in France welcome Lunar New Year
- Culture Village to host activities welcoming Lunar New Year
- French Ambassador: Walking to see Hanoi during New Year days is 'fantastic'
- New Year Countdown Party to open in Hanoi
- How to celebrate New Year's Eve in style, even with safe distancing
- Kim Jong-Un marks New Year with visit to tomb of his father and grandfather
- Thanh Ha villagers make clay buffalos in hope for thriving new year
- North Korea and Taiwan see in New Year as majority of world set for muted 2021 celebrations
- Hanoi to set off fireworks at three locations to greet New Year 2021
- US ambassador raps New Year message to Vietnam
- 2020 New Year movies feature experienced artists
Hanoi ushers in Lunar New Year with stunning midnight fireworks have 283 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.