Goalkeeper Dang Van Lam in jersey of Muangthong United. Photo: Muangthong
Since earlier this month, goalkeeper Dang Van Lam agreed to play for Thai Muangthong United, striker Nguyen Cong Phuong is reportedly close to signing a one-year loan deal with K League club Incheon United, and Thai Buriram United has confirmed the transfer of midfielder Luong Xuan Truong.
On February 7, Russia-born goalkeeper Dang Van Lam, 25, was welcomed by the Thai team after the highest-ever transfer deal for a Vietnamese player so far.
Lam said that “I am feeling very good and ready to work hard for a good season with the club”. “I will try my best with my teammates to become the champions of this league this season.”
In Vietnam, Lam had spent three seasons with Haiphong FC. During the period, he became the first-choice goalkeeper for the Vietnam national team and developed a reputation as one of the best goalkeepers in Southeast Asia. He made incredible saves in the matches at the AFF Suzuki Cup 2018 and the AFC Asian Cup 2019.
Nguyen Cong Phuong. Photo: Sport5
Meanwhile, the 24-year-old striker Nguyen Cong Phuong from Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) FC is reported to go to Incheon United this week. Phuong is one of the most excellent players who helped taking his country to the quarterfinals at the AFC Asian Cup 2019. He has also scored eight goals in 31 international appearances for Vietnam including at their triumphant AFF Suzuki Cup 2018.
In 2016, Phuong went on a short loan stint to Japanese second division side Mito HollyHock.
The striker himself had expressed his desire to move to a new league in a recent interview where he revealed his favorite destinations will be Republic of Korea, Japan or Thailand.
Luong Xuan Truong at Buriram United. Photo: Buriram
Luong Xuan Truong, a 23-year-old midfielder, has been snapped up by Thai league giant Buriram United for the upcoming season. He joins the ‘Thunder Castles’ on a temporary loan deal which would see him spend the season in Thailand.
Xuan Truong has been one Vietnamese star experiencing foreign leagues on a consistent basis. The youngster, who is on the books of HAGL, first moved to K-League Incheon United on loan in 2016. In doing so, he became the first from his country to play in the South Korean league. Truong then returned to K-League one year later for Gangwon FC on loan.
He was part of the squad which won the 2018 AFF Suzuki Cup and also made the team for the quarterfinals at the AFC Asian Cup 2019.
Local media reported that it’s head coach Park Hang-seo and Doan Nguyen Duc, one of the most influential people on Vietnam’s football business, who encouraged players to challenge themselves abroad.
Doan Nguyen Duc is chairman of multi-sectoral conglomerate HAGL Group, which founded HAGL – Arsenal JMG Academy. The venue has trained a well-qualified generation for Vietnam’s football.
Lam, Phuong, Truong are among stars that made impressive show-off at the continental tournaments over the last year.
- 9News Alert Team helps Vietnam War veteran get lot cleaned
- Kidnapped soccer player Alan Pulido rescued in Mexico
- SEE IT: Soccer player has to get 10 stitches to private parts following kick to groin area
- 10 Mid-Penn Conference boys soccer players to watch in 2018
- 10 Mid-Penn Conference girls soccer players to watch in 2018
- FROM VICTIM TO SURVIVOR: Former Emma Willard School soccer player takes back power 18 years after claims of rape went unheeded
- Former Emma Willard soccer player, who says she was raped by coach, reaches settlement with private school
- Argentine soccer player Rodrigo Espindola gunned down in home burglary attempt
- Soccer player Mohammed Anas, who thanked both wife and girlfriend after game, says 'girlfriend' is actually his daughter
- VIDEO: Soccer player Mohammed Anas thanks ‘my wife and my girlfriend’ in postgame speech