The armored Kim Jong-un’s train arrived at the station in the Vietnamese town of Dong Dang after crossing over the border from China, the Reuters reported Tuesday.
North Korea leader is expected to drive to the Vietnamese capital by car where he will have a state visit and meet Donald Trump on Wednesday and Thursday, the Reuters reported.
Chairman Kim Jong Un arrived at Dongdang, Vietnam for the DPRK-US summit.👏 pic.twitter.com/3IJH8lJ634
— The Beginning… (@coldnoodlefan) February 26, 2019
Earlier the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported that the train carrying DPRK leader Kim Jong-un left Pyongyang for Vietnam on Saturday afternoon.
Kim was reportedly accompanied by Deputy Chair of the North Korean Workers’ Party’s central committee Kim Yong Chol, who is in charge of nuclear talks with the United States; Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho; director of the international affairs department of the Supreme People’s Assembly, Ri Su Yong; and Defence Minister No Kwang Chol. The North Korean leader’s sister, Kim Yo Jong, is also among the members of the delegation.
The first US-North Korean summit in Singapore, held last June, resulted in an agreement stipulating that Pyongyang would make efforts to promote the complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula in exchange for the United States and South Korea freezing their military drills.
Pyongyang expects Washington to deliver on its commitments and relax sanctions pressure, while the US administration is waiting for new steps toward North Korea’s nuclear disarmament.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South's President Moon Jae-in to meet in Pyongyang in September
- Amid heatwave, North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un ditches trademark Mao-style suit for summer clothes, straw hat
- Donald Trump wants to talk directly to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un about nuclear weapons
- 10 ways North Korean leader Kim Jong Un freaked out the world in 2017
- North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un hints of long-range missile test launch
- For North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, 2017 has been a very good year.
- How Kim Jong Un bested Donald Trump in the slugfest that was 2017
- Korean leaders agree to hold third summit
- White House: Pres. Trump receives new letter from Kim Jong Un
- Trump receives new letter from North Korea's Kim Jong Un
- Trump receives new letter from Kim Jong Un
- Donald Trump Says He'll Probably Meet Kim Jong Un Again to Convince North Korea to Give up Nuclear Weapons
DPRK Leader Kim Jong-un Arrives in Vietnam For Summit With Trump have 423 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.