Doctors from the Children’s Hospital in the southern province of Dong Nai have removed a benign ovarian cyst weighing 3.5 kilogrammes from a 14-year-old girl.
|A large benign ovarian cyst was removed from a 14-year-old girl by doctors at Dong Nai Province’s Children’s Hospital. — VNA/VNS Photo Le Xuan|
The girl is now in stable condition and is expected to leave the hospital next week.
The girl, who is from the province’s Trang Bom District, was taken to the hospital with symptoms of colic and abdominal distention on Monday.
After doctors took an ultrasound and CT scan, they discovered a large ovarian cyst. They continued to provide the patient with pre-operative and cancer screening tests prior to surgery.
Bui Dinh Ha, of the hospital’s General Surgery Department, said that doctors normally would conduct a laparoscopic surgery for most ovarian cyst cases. However, in this case, because of the large size, open surgery was required to remove the entire tumour, he said.
The girl’s fertility in the future will not be affected since the tumour was benign.
- Los Angeles County Cops Allegedly Groped 14-Year-Old Girl, Forced Woman Into Oral Sex, And Faked Evidence With Taco Sauce, According To Report
- Five-year-old girl's foot chopped off and flung '30ft' into air in lawnmower accident
- Snakebite kills six-year-old girl in Uttarakhand quarantine centre
- Legal proceedings launched against deadly wall collapse case in Dong Nai
- 27-year-old Ludhiana man found Covid positive after death
- 53-year-old woman dies, Haryana’s case count reaches 1,381
- Little girl, six, is diagnosed with leukaemia hours after her mum took her to the doctors because 'she looked pale'
- Tamil Nadu: Man, his mother arrested in Madurai district for killing a four-day-old baby girl
- Woman who ‘looked nine-months pregnant’ has giant cyst removed from ovaries – and it weighed 2 STONE
- At 13 I fought ovarian cancer… now I’m 17 and having a miracle baby
- How a Guatemalan girl ended up alone under guard in a hotel, waiting to be deported
- The stolen children of Cootamundra: 'Years later, what's changed?'
Doctors remove 3.5kg ovarian cyst from 14-year-old girl in Dong Nai have 342 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.