Sharnaz Shahid X Factor host Dermot O’Leary has made a huge announcement, which has left fans shocked. See his social media post here…
Dermot O’Leary has revealed he is stepping down as the National Television Awards host after ten years. The presenter, 45, made the surprising announcement on social media on Wednesday morning, saying: “After ten years of proudly hosting the National Television Awards, I have decided it's time to step down as host.” Explaining his reasons, he added: “It’s been a tough decision because we have had a ball over the last decade, but ten years feels about right.”
Dermot O’Leary has stepped down as NTAs host
“I would like to thank Indigo and my ITV family for a brilliant ten years and look forward to proudly passing on the baton in 2020…and a holiday in January,” the TV star concluded. His celebrity friends were quick to respond, with Holly Willoughby writing: “No way!!! We’ll miss you xxx.” Strictly’s Ore Oduba added: “Show won’t be the same without you snake hips, congratulations on ten years mate.” Love Island’s Alex George said: “Hard footsteps to follow.”
The news comes shortly after Dermot joked that if Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly won Best Presenter at the NTAs that all the other nominees should “chuck in the towel”. The X Factor presenter told Daily Star : “If they win it this year, we should just not do it anymore. If they win it, having not been on television, we may as well just chuck in the towel.” He added: “With the greatest respect to the boys, I think Holly has had such a great year, and Graham.”
When probed more about his thoughts on Ant being shortlisted, he replied: “They (Ant and Dec) made the decision that they want to put themselves up this year, so you’d have to ask him.” However, shortly after the comments, Dermot was quick to clarify that he was “merely joking”. He tweeted: “I wouldn’t normally react to this, but… A) I said no such thing. I merely joked that if the boys win this year, we should all chuck in the towel. It was neither serious nor a ‘rage’.”
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- James Argent 'forced to miss TOWIE 10 year reunion show' over quarantine rules
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians OVER after 14 years: Kim shocks fans by announcing family has made 'difficult decision' to end reality show
- PICTURED: Armie Hammer and Rumer Willis get VERY cozy and wrap their arms around each other as he moves on following ending of 10 year marriage
- John Bishop shocks fans with new statement on Twitter
- Emma Willis shocks fans by revealing secret to her thick hair
- Fearne Cotton quits Keith Lemon’s Celebrity Juice on ITV2 after 10 years of being a regular panellist
- 10 years of podcasting: Code, comedy, and patent lawsuits
- Kris Jenner 'pulled the plug on KUWTK after Kim, Kourtney and Kylie wanted to QUIT the show... while Khloe and Scott Disick are devastated'
- The Kardashians 'are looking to land lucrative streaming deal' after announcing end of E! TV show after 14 years
- It's the mini Kardashian-Jenners! How the family have welcomed TEN new additions over 14 years of KUWTK with secret pregnancies, surrogacies and cheating scandals
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes MOVE OUT of their London home after four years together following shock split
- Strictly's Tess Daly quits Children in Need after 11 years on air
Dermot O'Leary shocks fans as he quits massive TV role after 10 years have 609 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at February 13, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.