She brings out photos and the identity card of Lan, her daughter, who went missing 16 years ago, and starts to lovingly go through them, tears rolling down her cheek. She says, choking: “I never imagined she would come back to me. It is a miracle.” In 2002, Khoi sold everything she owned, cycled hundreds of kilometers to the Chinese border looking for her 15-year-old daughter. The old mother narrates the story of how she found her daughter, a victim of human trafficking, after 16 years. Khoi’s husband died young in 2001, leaving their three children and his mother in her care. When Khoi finished working in the rice field, she would do any other work villagers needed to support her family. Lan is her second daughter. Khoi has one older son while her youngest child was 14 months old when Lan went missing at the age of 15. The son was working in a brick manufacturing facility to support the family, while Lan stayed at home looking after the infant and doing housework. Neither of the older children got proper schooling. On the evening of September 9, 2002, Khoi was working late and Lan asked her for permission to hang… Read full this story
- Woman and daughter charged in US over deaths of five family members
- Migrant posing as 16-year-old to claim asylum in France is actually 47
- 'Seeing a 50-year-old woman with slightly younger men is still quite surprising'
- 28-year-old woman arrested after man dies from serious injuries in Carmarthen
- Armed robbers raid 78-year-old woman’s home
- Sentimental jewellery stolen from 96-year-old woman in south Belfast burglary
- Two men arrested on suspicion of murder after death of 21 year old woman
- Man arrested after 53-year-old woman found dead
- Gardai seeking public's help in finding missing 53-year-old woman
- Man charged with murder after death of 55-year-old woman in Middlesbrough
After 16 years of tears, woman gets back daughter trafficked to China have 314 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.