The ancient town Hoi An in central Vietnam is ahead of tourist hotspots like Thailand’s Phuket and Malaysia’s Penang on list of world’s most affordable places for the Brits, according to the annual Holiday Money report compiled by the U.K. Post Office. Hoi An ranks 11th on the list of 19 destinations listed in the report as places where the British pound goes the farthest, based on data from national and regional tourist boards and specialist tour operators. The ranking is based on the minimum required budget for eight staple items that British travelers are likely to purchase – a cup of coffee, a pint of beer, a can/bottle of Coca-Cola, a bottle of water, sun cream, insect repellent, and a three-course dinner for two with a bottle of wine at 42 resorts and cities worldwide. The report does not take into account flight and accommodation costs. At a total cost of $86.87, Hoi An has surpassed its Southeast Asian rivals like Thailand’s Phuket (17th at $103.11) and Malaysia’s Penang (19th at $107.89). In Hoi An, can/bottle of beer at a resort would cost around $3.3, and a cup of coffee, $2.35. A romantic dinner for two – a three-course… Read full this story
- Toilet President Goes Easy On Nike For Endorsing Colin Kaepernick: "They Pay A Lot Of Rent"
- FORMER FINEST'S GUILTY IN GUNPLAY. But jury hopes judge goes easy
- FOR ONCE, MARBURY GOES EASY ON LARRY
- Vietnam, UK sign MoU on educational cooperation
- Vietnam’s economic growth, potential discussed in UK
- HCM City pledges favourable conditions for British investors
- BCSC warns investors about cryptocurrency 'smart wallets'
- The 2020 F1 Vietnam Grand Prix, if It Happens, Will Be Part Street Course and Part Race Track
- On Your Marks, Get Set, Enjoy This Adorable Great British Baking Show Reunion
- Vibrant Vietnam seaport blends past and present
Vietnam’s Hoi An goes easy on British wallets have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.