Fourteen Vietnamese films earned around VND715 billion (US$30.7) in ticket sales in the first five months of the year, a year-on-year increase of 40 per cent, according to CGV Cinemas Viet Nam. Holiday film releases earn big profits ‘Hai Phuong’ established as highest-grossing film of Vietnamese cinema Tết film releases earn big profits A scene in Hai Phượng, a production by movie star and film producer Ngo Thanh Van of HCM City. The action film earned high ticket sales, around VND200 billion ($8.6 million), one month after its release in Vietnam in March. Photo VAA Entertainment Private film companies in HCM City sunk large amounts of money into movies for release during the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, which began in January. Producer Nhat Trung’s Cua Lại Vợ Bầu (Love Again) raked in more than VND108.9 billion ($4.7 million) in ticket sales in three weeks beginning in late January. Nearly 1.3 million tickets were sold. While Trạng Quỳnh earned nearly VND70 billion ($3 million) in just 10 days after release in January, sales for How To Train Your Dragon – The Hidden World were VND65 billion ($2.8 million). In March, Hai Phượng (Furie), the latest action film produced by and… Read full this story
- Vietnamese films earn big profits
- SEA Games: Vietnamese women dream big after football gold
- Thugs of Hindostan box office day 1: Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan film earns Rs 50.75 cr, records highest Bollywood opening ever
- Avengers Endgame India box office day 5: Marvel film earns Rs 217 cr, to breach Uri’s record soon
- Kiszla: All ready! Son of the late Darrent Williams earns big win in return to Broncos Country.
- Rape victim files $10M lawsuit against SIX major hotel chains including Hilton and Marriott claiming they chose to 'ignore the obvious presence of sex trafficking to continue earning a profit'
- First Pacific Alliance film festival opens
- Hobbit profits at centre of The Butler title row, says Harvey Weinstein
- Japanese film festival opens in Hanoi
- 2019 Oscar nominations: 'A Star Is Born' and 'Roma' to vie for best film
Vietnamese films earn big profits have 351 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.