Earlier, at 9:00 January 4, Tug boat EVERLINE 3 and Malaysian Barge MANYPLUS 5 experienced an engine breakdown and the barge with three crew-members on board went adrift while traveling from Thailand to Ho Chi Minh City.
|Ship 954 approaches Tug boat EVERLINE 3. Photo: baohaiquanvietnam.vn|
On receiving the mayday signal, Vietnamese functional forces called on ships near the site to search for the barge. Naval Ship 954 (in Hon Chuoi, Ca Mau province) and Naval Ship 627 (in Ca Mau Shoals) were sent for the rescue.
Barge MANYPLUS 5 was found drifting about 70 nautical miles off Tho Chu Island, Kien Giang province on the following day. Ship 954 then towed the distressed barge to Tho Chu Island and handed it over to Tug boat TC Dragon.
The barge is expected to reach Vung Tau at 16:00 on January 11.
Translated by Huong Ly
- How Pepper the robot will become newest crew member of Costa Cruise Line
- Meet the Badass Nascar Pit Crew Member Who Owns a CrossFit Gym
- Three New Crew Members Join ISS Astronauts
- Bruce Hyde, Original Star Trek Crew Member, Dies At 74
- NASA Eyes Russian Soyuz Trips To Send Crew To ISS
- NASA: Boeing Crew Mission Ready For ISS Second Orders
- Tom Cruise Movie Crew Plane Crash Kills 2
- World Oceans Day: Canoe Crew Sail Around The World Without Motors Or GPS
- WWE News: Apollo Crews now using Hall of Famer's finishing move
- SpaceX Crew Dragon Spacecraft Abort Test Is A Success