Saga, the insurer and package holiday provider for the over 50s, reported overall profitability is in line with expectations despite a “challenging” market.
Forward sales for cruises has been strong, the company reported, with “Spirit of Discovery”, which will set sale in June this year, reaching 69 per cent of the sales target for 2019/20 departures and “Spirit of Adventure, which will launch next year, hitting 34 per cent of the sales target for 2020/21 trips.
The group’s membership programme, Possibilities, has added 250,000 members since September and now has more than 1m members, it said in a trading update this morning.
The company is targeting further membership expansion with the launch of a new advertising campaign across TV, press and digital media.
Saga chief executive Lance Batchelor said: “We are making progress with our strategy to invest in attracting new customers across the business.
“In a challenging insurance market, the increase in new business has kept our policy count broadly stable. Our underwriting business has performed well during the year.
“Healthy forward sales for our new cruise ships and the growth in membership are encouraging signs for the group.”
“Despite competitive home and motor markets it is somewhat reassuring that insurance policy numbers remain stable, with tours and cruise seemingly performing in line with targets,” a note from Numis said.
Saga will announce its preliminary results for the year ended 31 January 2019 in April.
- Court approves sale of Dodgers
- Sochi expects $300M surplus from 2014 Winter Games
- Flacco set to fly in Week 14
- Closing of $2B Dodgers sale finalized
- Long not for sale, warns Clarke
- Twin Cities mascots meet at racetrack to see who’s fastest
- Muschamp expecting few suprises in Year 2
- Warlick’s UT challenge: meeting Summitt’s standard
- Kimbrel safe bet for 2012
- Draft rankings preview: Quarterbacks
- International Speedway Corporation Reports Financial Results for theThird Quarter of Fiscal
- Madoff trustee wants $300M from Mets
Over 50s insurer and holiday provider Saga set to meet profit expectations after strong cruise forward sales have 302 words, post on www.cityam.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.