Hoang Van Cuong, member of the National Assembly (NA) Committee for Financial and Budgetary Affairs. (Photo: Hong Quang) Could you highlight some facilitators of Vietnam’s GDP growth in 2018? Unlike in previous years, Vietnam’s GDP growth during the first quarter of 2018 reached a very high rate (7.38 percent). Contrary to the forecast of many experts who predicted a downward trend, the economic growth remained steady in the subsequent quarters. The above figures are the result of the Government’s concerted efforts and determination to take action and drive up economic growth right from the beginning of the year. 2018 threw up a number of disadvantages for the Vietnamese economy. The country’s public investment disbursement remained lower in 2018 than it has in previous years. Meanwhile, the US-China trade war began midway through 2018, resulting in consecutive tariff retaliations with a wider impact being felt in other economies, including Vietnam, which has direct economic relations with both countries. In particular, the depreciation of the yuan and the impact of the trade war had a considerable impact on trade between Vietnam and China. However, the Vietnamese Government kept exchange rates stable and flexible to be on par with China’s monetary policies. Agricultural production emerged… Read full this story
- Kudlow Predicts 3 Percent Economic Growth 'Far as Eye Can See'
- The False Choice Between Economic Growth and Combatting Climate Change
- China's 2018 economic growth sinks to 3-decade low
- China's new economic growth target is lower but still robust
- Survey suggests more economic growth for Midwest, Plains
- China sets 2019 economic growth target at 6 to 6.5 percent
- World economic growth forecasts cut amid trade concerns
- China posts slowest economic growth since 1990
- Jamie Dimon: Bad Mortgage Rules Hinder Economic Growth
- Economic growth slows to 2.6 per cent in last three months of 2018
NA deputy gives insight into Vietnam’s economic growth have 303 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.