Share this story
KAILUA-KONA — Hawaiian Airlines flew a record number of passengers in 2018, registering a total of 11,840,178. The number was a 2.9 percent increase over the previous year. It was the airline’s 14th straight year of growth.
The year’s numbers hit all-time high marks despite a December that saw a decrease in passenger load of 1.9 percent, down to just over 980,000 in 2018 from a little over 1 million the year before.
Fourth quarter passenger numbers also dipped slightly from last year, coming in around 2,890,000 this year as opposed to roughly 2,910,000 in 2017, a decrease of 0.8 percent.
Load factor, or the percentage of seating capacity actually filled, dropped in December (from 84.4 percent to 84 percent), the fourth quarter (86 percent to 84.6 percent) and during the entire year as a whole (85.8 percent to 85.3 percent).
However, revenue passenger miles and available seat miles were up across the board in 2018.
Hawaiian took delivery of nine A321neo aircraft in 2018, bringing the total size of its A321neo fleet to 11 aircraft. The A321neo will aid the airline in new flight offerings including daily non-stop service to Maui’s Kahului Airport from Portland, Sacramento and San Diego international airports, as well as to Honolulu’s Daniel K. Inouye International Airport from Long Beach.
The airline will also begin new five-times-a-week non-stop service to Honolulu from Boston’s Logan International Airport on April 4.
Share this story
- Hawaiian Airlines credit card gets a makeover
- Hawaiian Airlines to add no-frills basic economy tickets in 2019
- Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants prepare for strike vote
- Denmark May 2016: On track for a 6th consecutive record year
- USA October 2016: Record year now unlikely as market drops again
- Malaysia August 2013: Record year still in the cards
- Russia Full Year 2012: Lada Priora #1, Granta 4,800 sales below in record year
- October dip in passengers won't keep SWFL International Airport from having record year
- October dip in passengers won't keep Southwest Florida International Airport from having record year
- Canada First Half 2018: Towards a 6th consecutive record year?
- Canada November 2014: All-time record year now certain
- New Zealand November 2014: Market on track for record year
Hawaiian Airlines logs record year have 407 words, post on www.westhawaiitoday.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.