During a conference in Hanoi on January 11 to review the Ministry of Transport’s activities in 2018 and launch its tasks for 2019, Deputy PM Dung asked the sector to make breakthroughs in developing synchronous infrastructure, especially transport infrastructure to improve economic competitiveness and lay a foundation for industrialisation and modernisation.
He requested restructuring transport services to cut logistics costs and accelerating the construction of large-scale transportation works with quality and progress ensured, namely the north-south and Trung Luong-Can Tho highways, the Long Thanh international airport, the upgrade of Lach Huyen and Cai Mep-Thi Vai seaports, and inland waterway projects.
The ministry was asked to work closely with the Ministry of Industry and Trade to consider investing in ports specialising in coal import-export, contributing to ensuring national energy security.
It was also assigned to review, adjust, and supplement planning related to transport infrastructure, focusing on national road, railway, aviation, seaport, and inland waterway planning for the 2021-2030 period with a vision to 2050.
Planning must ensure connectivity among transport modes, economic and industrial zones, seaports, and between regional and national transport networks, he said, adding that the sector must work with ministries, agencies, and localities to reduce traffic accidents during 2019 and subsequent years, especially during peak time such as the upcoming Lunar New Year festival and spring festival this year. –VNA
- Deputy PM lauds press for socio-economic development
- To proactively undertake socio-economic progress, development projects in FATA: Ali Zafar
- Waiting for the dynamic, creative decisions on socio-economic progress
- Communities’ socio-economic progress a guarantee for Armenia’s sustainable development – PM
- PM says IT vital for economic progress
- Deputy PM: Vietnam attaches importance to economic ties with RoK
- My Son tourism to drive socio-economic progress
- Deputies hope new gov’t further drives socio-economic progress
- PM instructed to build socio-economic development plan in 2017