A workshop was held in Da Nang on January 16 to discuss the roadmap for building the central locality of Vietnam into a child-friendly city in the future. Vice Chairman of the Da Nang People’s Committee Le Trung Chinh addresses the workshop on January 16 (Photo: VNA) It was attended by representatives of the Department of Child Affairs at the Ministry of Labour, Invalids, and Social Affairs; the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women); World Bank; and Vietnamese and foreign non-profit organisations. The Child Friendly Cities Initiative (CFCI), launched in 1996 by UNICEF, has been carried out in 31 countries to address challenges to the implementation of children’s rights. It promotes relevant sides’ efforts to build child-friendly communities. Da Nang authorities reported that with the assistance of international organisations, the city has invested resources in child affairs. With all communes, wards, and districts in Da Nang now assigned workers in charge of child affairs, there is a total of 1,000 child care coordinators across the city. All local schools have student support teams. The city has also provided monthly financial aid for nearly 2,000 children with disadvantages. However, it also admitted that child support… Read full this story
- Hotels fully booked as visitors flock to Da Nang International Firework Festival
- Da Nang’s senior official disciplined for adultery
- HCM City to host Vietnam–RoK Culture and Tourism Festival
- Kansas City home run king Bob Cerv just turned 90 — and he still doesn’t miss a trick
- Michigan City County Candidate Wants to Keep County as White ‘As Possible’
- George Brett watches from close distance as Royals strive for glory
- To Liberia, With Love: Kansas City soccer player thankful to put kids first
- Skyscrapers, trains and roads: How Addis Ababa came to look like a Chinese city
- Did the Kansas City Chiefs make Jovan Belcher a monster — or was the monster already there?
- Football town? Baseball town? In Kansas City, the debate rages on
Da Nang strives to become child friendly city have 337 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.