Japan became the leading destination for Vietnamese workers for the first time, with more than 67,000 going there, according to figures from the Department of Overseas Labor Management under the labor ministry. Taiwan followed with 65,000 workers, and Korea was third with more than 6,000. The other important markets were Saudi Arabia, Romania, Malaysia, and Kuwait. In all, a record 140,000 went abroad this year. The increasing number of guest workers ranked Vietnam among the world’s top 10 recipients of remittances last year. They were worth $13.8 billion. According to the International Organization for Migration, around 100,000 Vietnamese leave the country every year to live in more developed nations. The main destination for workers remains Northeast Asia, where salaries are attractive. A Vietnamese worker can earn $1,000-1,200 a month in Japan and South Korea, four times the average salary in Vietnam, which was VND6.5 million ($290) last year. They earn $700-800 in Taiwan and $400-$600 in the Middle East, the National Assembly (NA)’s Committee for Social Affairs reported at a conference in November. The reality of an aging, shrinking population has caused Japan to open its door to more overseas blue-collar workers, with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s cabinet approving draft… Read full this story
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 10
- Vietnam records no new Covid-19 cases
- Foreign experts commend Vietnam's response to latest COVID-19 outbreak
- Vietnam, Denmark deal with diabetes together
- Send-off ceremony held for Vietnamese delegation to Int’l Army Games
- Vinamilk records double digit growth in Q2 despite pandemic
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 case on August 10 morning
- Madonna Is a Free Agent After Decade-Long Deal With Interscope Records
- ‘Train to Busan 2: Penisula’ breaks record to achieve US$3,6 Million in Vietnam
- Has Vietnam’s sustainable agriculture developed well?
Vietnam sends record 140,000 guest workers abroad in 2018 have 300 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 25, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.