Hanoi (VNA) – The Embassy of Vietnam and Vietnamese community in Mozambique held a ceremony in Maputo city on December 21 to mark the 74th founding anniversary of the Vietnam People’s Army (December 22).
Participants at the ceremony congratulated officials and staff members of Movitel, a joint venture of the military-run Viettel telecommunication group in Mozambique.
Addressing the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Mozambique Le Huy Hoang highlighted the great role of the Vietnam People’s Army in defending the nation throughout history as well as in the country’s reform, development and international integration process.
He noted that over the past six years, Movitel has brought big economic benefits to Vietnam, while contributing to promoting the image of Vietnamese culture, people and nation in Mozambique.
General Director of Movitel Nguyen Van Dat affirmed the determination of the firm to continue showing strong performance to benefit the homeland.
The same day, Vietnamese Ambassador to Tanzania Nguyen Kim Doanh also conveyed greetings to the Viettel Tanzania (Halotel) and Viettel Construction JSC on the occasion.
The diplomat spoke highly of the firms’ success in 2018, expressing his belief that Halotel will become a major telecommunication brand in Tanzania in 2019.
Leaders of Halotel and Viettel Construction JSC thanked the embassy for supporting the firms during their operation both at home and Tanzania. The helpful and timely assistance of the embassy has motivated officials and staff of the enterprises to expand business in Tanzania, while encouraging other Vietnamese firms to invest in Tanzania and other East African countries, they said.-VNA
- More than 100 people showed up to celebrate this crossing guard's birthday
- Madras Christian College launches 175th anniversary celebrations (AC - Engineering College Chennai)
- Business Gifts for Anniversary Celebrations of the Companies
- BP contributes to Nesimi’s 650th anniversary celebrations
- PM visits Ejmiatsin for city’s 2704th anniversary celebrations
- People's Republic of China marks the 70th founding anniversary
- Cambodia's elite Brigade 70 marks 25th founding anniversary
- Chinese in New Zealand's capital celebrate PRC's 70th founding anniversary
- 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Local churches for Belarusian Exarchate anniversary celebrations