The Apec group rewarded the whole team and coach Park Hang-seo with many luxurious sea resort apartments totally valued at VND 4.2 billion (USD 181,000). Anh Duc, the scorer of the only goal of the match, also got an apartment valued at VND 1.2 billion.
Other donors include Asanzo electronics group with VND 1 billion, TP Bank VND 1 billion, and Vinaphone VND 1 billion.
By 10:00pm of December 15, the team had received VND 9.4 billion from the donors, besides the USD 300,000 from the organizing board of the tournament.
Vietnam held the Cup trophy again after 10 years by beating Malaysia 1-0 in the second-leg final of the tournament that took place at My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, on December 15 night. The national team took the first champion title of the AFF Suzuki Cup in 2008, also at My Dinh Stadium.
- John McCain, War Hero, Senator, Presidential Contender, Dies at 81
- He has 2 Purple Hearts but couldn't afford home repairs. Then help arrived
- After reading James Comey's autobiography, I wonder whether this might be the final blow to a presidency in crisis
- RetroIndy: Little America and Wonderland kiddie park
- Catchphrases and slogans that helped sell cars in Indianapolis
- How 'The Ruins' at Holliday Park took decades to complete