Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc made speech at the meeting. Photo: Quang Hieu
Speaking at the meeting, some government officials said that one of the important factors contributing to Vietnam’s rapid and sustainable development is promoting national ecosystem of innovative start-ups and the close links with their regional and international peers, encouraging start-ups to innovate and accelerate scientific achievements and bring technological findings to life.
Besides, they added that it is necessary to implement specific solutions to master the core technologies of the Industrial Revolution 4.0, implement a number of technology testing laboratories, and develop the technological foundation for the Industrial Revolution 4.0 in various fields, especially artificial intelligence.
In this spirit, PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc asked ministries, agencies and provinces to closely coordinate in eco-business startup promotion, speed up the issuance of intellectual property certificates, and encourage innovation.
Along with that, it is necessary to develop science and technology market, establish database on scientific and technological information, make public the results of scientific and technological research and application so that all organizations and individuals can easily approach it, Phuc said.
He stressed the year 2018 has recorded positive development in the field of science, technology, start-up, innovation, adding that the work of building and improving institutions in the field of science and technology has been promoted.
The PM hailed the National Start-up Innovation Portal, which is under construction and expected to be put into full operation soon.
The national standard system and the national technical regulation system need to be further strengthened to meet the requirements of socio-economic development, PM Phuc stressed.
- December’s work needs to provide springboard for 2019: PM
- Vietnam promotes foreign technology transfer into prioritized fields
- Vietnam named among world’s top 60 most innovative economies for first time
- Appnews Vietnam makes debut to support local press agencies
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s interview to Singapore’s The Straits Times
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES TODAY
- Deputy PM: Innovation helps Vietnam catch up with others