The protesters called for an end to the detention and deportation of migrants and for the United States to welcome the caravan of Central American migrants who arrived in Tijuana, Mexico in November, the U.S. Border Patrol said. Facebook posts by protest organizer the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) showed demonstrators kneeling in front of federal agents in riot gear after they approached the fence on a San Diego beach. The AFSC said 30 people were stopped by agents and taken into custody while they tried to move forward to offer a ceremonial blessing to start a week of action called “Love Knows No Borders: A moral call for migrant justice.” U.S. Border Patrol spokesman Theron Francisco said 31 people were arrested by Federal Protective Services for trespassing and one was arrested by Border Patrol for assaulting an agent. More than 400 people, many leaders of churches, mosques, synagogues and indigenous communities, took part in the protest at San Diego’s Border Field State Park, which borders Tijuana, Mexico, according to the AFSC. The arrests marked the second confrontation with U.S. federal agents since the migrant caravan reached Tijuana in November. U.S. Border Patrol agents fired tear gas at migrants on… Read full this story
- San Diego County Joins Fight Against California’s ‘Sanctuary State’ Laws
- Trump thanks San Diego County for supporting sanctuary lawsuit against California
- YouTube shooter purchased gun in January in San Diego
- Survey: San Diego is a good place for job hunters, but pay lags living costs
- Horses evacuated during wildfire return to San Diego stables
- San Diego average rent up to $1,887, breaking record. Will it last?
- San Diego among 15 cities being consider for Army Futures Command
- San Diego reports brisk business during first month of recreational marijuana sales
- San Diego home prices up 8.6% in February
- San Diego economy doing really well, report says
US agents arrest 32 at border protest in San Diego have 321 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 10, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.