Earlier, Con Co Border Guard Post in Quang Tri province received mayday signals from crew-members on board cargo ship Tuan Hung 268, experiencing engine failure near Con Co Island while transporting 1,984 tons of stone powder from Thanh Hoa province’s Nghi Son port to the South.
|Photo for illustration. Source: CPV|
Having received the mayday, the border post mobilized ship DNg-31695TS with Pham Minh Hoa at the helm and its troops to the scene.
After hours struggling with high waves and strong winds, the rescue team approached the troubled ship and took the sailors ashore safely.
Thanks to timely and good care from the medical staff of the border post, the troubled sailors are now in good health conditions.
Translated by Song Anh
- Quang Tri calls for more support from RoK for the disabled
- 1,500 pieces of unexploded ordnance found in Quang Tri
- Border guards seize illegal imported pigs from Cambodia into An Giang
- European Parliament calls for more EU border guards
- Govt restores imp post in China border guarding force ITBP
- Security fears as Chinese company agrees to save troubled British Steel after months of uncertainty
- Finland Beefs Up Border Guard to Fight Off 'Little Green Men'
- Japanese military delegation work with Lao Cai Border Guards
- Vietnam Border Guard leader receives Chinese delegation
- Polish armed border guards smash windows of Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior with sledgehammers