Briefing NA Chairwoman on the outcomes of the implementation of its military-defense tasks, Lieutenant General Tran Hong Minh, Commander of the unit stated that over the 74 years of construction and development, the MR 1 armed forces have gained great achievements.
In 2018, despites many difficulties, the military region’s Party Committee and Command asked agencies and units to accomplish all set military-defense goals.
|NA Chairwoman shaking hand with representatives of Ministry of National Defense and Military Region (MR) 1 Command|
On behalf of the Party and the State leaders, NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan praised the achievements recorded by the MR 1 Command armed forces over the past 74 years.
She also emphasized that unpredictable and complex developments in the regional and international situations pose both new opportunities and challenges to the country as well as require the armed forces, especially the army, to do more to firmly protect the nation’s peace, independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity.
The NA leader asked the unit to fully grasp the 12th Party Congress’s Resolution, the 10th Military Party Congress’s Resolution, and the 12th Party Central Committee’s meetings’ resolutions and conclusions; boost ideological and political education, and consolidate officers’ and soldiers’ confidence in the Party’s leadership.
Translated by Song Anh
- Suu Kyi visits Myanmar region torn by Rohingya conflict
- Gazmin visits military camps
- We visited the regional chain that beat Trader Joe’s for the title of best grocery store in America — here’s what it’s like
- We visited the regional chain that Southerners say is better than In-N-Out and Shake Shack — here’s the verdict
- UPDATE: Duterte visits Marawi amid ongoing fighting
- Muslim groups against military assault
- Destabilization plots won't come from military — AFP spokesman
- Sapnu: Nasira na naman ang image ng PNP dahil kay Nobleza?
- China splurging on military as US pulls back
- US VP Pence warns NKorea ‘all options are on the table’ in DMZ visit