As of December 2018, the entire city had 28 locations at risk of congestion, with hotspots in 2017 like My Thuy junction in District 2, Cong truong Dan chu intersection in District 3 and 10, and Phan Van Tri – Pham Van Dong intersection in Binh Thanh district showing signs of improvement. According to Bui Xuan Cuong, Director of the department, next year, the city will focus on completing mechanisms and State management for urban transport, developing traffic infrastructure, increasing the quality of passenger and cargo transport, and boosting communication campaigns on traffic order and safety, among other measures. The department will allocate funds for projects on traffic jam reduction near Tan Son Nhat International Airport and Cat Lai Port, and in the downtown area. Stricter punishment will be imposed on traffic regulation violators and those illegally encroaching sidewalks and roads. Application of technology and promotion of public transport will be prioritised. Recently, a decision to implement a programme to reduce traffic congestion and accidents by 2020 has been signed by Tran Vinh Tuyen, Vice Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee. The programme, including 97 projects, costs a total of 96.15 trillion VND (4.12 billion USD),… Read full this story
- HCM City’s anti-traffic jam solutions go bust
- HCM City condo market faces challenges in 2020: experts
- HCM City to foster ICT development
- HCM City mulls public bicycle rental service in downtown
- Science park to kick start HCM City innovation
- 2019 Audi A8 won’t get Traffic Jam Pilot driver-assist tech in the U.S.
- Public employees crucial to local development plans: HCM City official
- Another hard year set for HCM City real estate market
- Sales rise by 10-15 per cent in HCM City during Tet
- HCM City and Quang Ninh to representative Vietnam in AFC Cup
HCM City puts forth solutions to traffic jam in 2019 have 301 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.