Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung meets with newly-appointed Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
At the reception, Hanoi Mayor Chung congratulated Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien for taking on new duties and becoming a citizen of Hanoi.
Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien thanked Chung for congratulating his taking possession of episcopal seat and Christmas greetings, saying this is a good premonition for his mission as well as the relation between the Archdiocese and Hanoi’s authorities.
The chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee stressed that in the implementation of Hanoi socio-economic development tasks, the capital city hopes to continue receiving support of all citizens, including the Catholic community, in both material and spiritual aspects.
Chung also expects the Hanoi Archdiocese to educate the people, including the Catholics on law abiding mindset and comply with the Party and State policies.
The Hanoi chairman wishes Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien to gain great success in his new position, and that he and the Archbishop would meet regularly to discuss issues of common interests, creating the most favorable environment for the capital’s socio-economic development.
- Newly Appointed Volkswagen North American Region Boss Resigns
- Steve Agnew gives insight into newly-appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce’s style of football
- Sports Hosting F1 race an opportunity for Hanoi to promote tourism: chairman Things I miss when away from Vietnam
- Hanoi International Circus Festival set to thrill
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Meet the woman changing Vietnam’s honey industry
- Mayor toasts Belfast's Giant success story
- Super Bowl 2019 bets: Boston mayor afraid of jinxing Patriots with wager, plus Boston-L.A. bets to know
- Sports The heroes are home: Vietnam football team arrive in Hanoi after fairytale Asian Cup run A barista class in Saigon
- After Uber apology, London mayor welcomes talks
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Vietnamese consumers warned about new e-commerce scam