Beef from cattle raised in Vietnam is 2-4 times cheaper than imported ones. Two years ago, the Huy Long An Limited Company in the southern province of Long An imported thousands of Wagyu cattle, from which the famous Japanese beef is produced. Vo Quang Huy, the company’s director, said his company has signed a deal with Japan’s Sawai Farm to develop a farming model for Wagyu beef in Vietnam. “We are selling the beef on a trial basis to hotels and restaurants. The product will hit the markets in 2019, when production is stabilised. Although it’s difficult to raise them (Wagyu) in Vietnam, they’re worth a lot,” Huy said. He said a kilo of Wagyu been can sell for VND700.000 ($30) to VND1 million ($42.84) a kilogram. Like the Huy Long An company, the Kobe Beef Vietnam company has also been breeding Wagyu cattle in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong. Nguyen Tri Vu, general director of the company, said he imported genetic material for the Japanese breed from the U.S. The company is currently rearing 420 cows, and on average sells one every week. Each cow is worth VND200-250 million ($8,567 to $10,708), many times higher than that… Read full this story
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 9
- Mekong Capital CEO: Vietnam to emerge as a world leader
- Vietnam presents medical supplies to Japan
- Despite Covid-19, Vietnam still attracts foreign direct investments
- Vietnam donates 140,000 face masks to Japan to help fight COVID-19
- Japanese investors jostling continental counterparts
- Vietnam offers 140,000 medical masks to Japan’s coronavirus fight
- Will investors relocate their production bases to Vietnam after Covid-19?
- Sai Gon to set up Japanese-style football academy
- Toyota Vietnam seeks permission for Japanese CEO to enter country
Get premium Japanese beef for ‘cheap’ in Vietnam have 302 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.