These are the first pictures of a “lovely” teacher who died alongside her unborn baby boy after a horror crash with a Porsche.
Anna Kirsopp-Lewis’s grey Peugeot collided with a black Porsche Cayenne on a busy dual-carriageway on Tuesday, police said.
The heavily-pregnant 34-year-old was just a few weeks away from giving birth.
Devastated students at the college where she taught media studies were reportedly told the news during a tearful assembly today.
One A-Level student at Frome College in Somerset said: “She was a lovely teacher, she was taken too soon.”
Another wrote online: “Some of us are placing flowers outside Mrs Kirsopp-Lewis room, round the side of E block. Please place as many flowers as possible in her memory.”
A third emotional student posted: “You probably know but very sadly one of our teachers passed away, so in remembrance of her could you please wear something blue on Friday for our mufti-day because she was going to have a son.
“He also passed while she was pregnant with him in the accident. Please pull through guys this is the least we can do to remember a kind soul who was gone way too soon, so please guys just do this, cheers.”
And one mum said: “Oh God, they’ve just had a school assembly and (my child ) says all the teachers were crying. Now I’m having a little cry.”
Mrs Kirsopp-Lewis’s pregnancy yoga teacher also paid tribute to her.
The teacher said: “I am beyond devastated to hear about this.
“Anna was a lovely attendee to my pregnancy yoga classes over the past few months and was a joy to have known.
“I am just speechless in sadness and disbelief. I just can’t make sense of it and I share this with a deeply heavy heart. No words. Heartbroken for her and her family.”
Officers from Wiltshire Police raced to the scene on the A36 near Warminster on Tuesday morning, but the teacher was sadly pronounced dead.
The 62-year-old driver of the Porsche was said to be in a life-threatening condition having been flown to hospital in an air ambulance.
The road was closed for more than 12 hours as traffic accident investigators examined the scene for clues to what happened to cause the double tragedy.
A spokesman from Frome College said today: “It is with great sadness that Frome College announce that our Media teacher, Anna Kirsopp-Lewis and her baby lost their lives in a car accident on Tuesday.
“Anna was an inspirational teacher who cared deeply for all her students. She was a dear colleague, whose strength and commitment will be so missed by everyone at the College, and all who knew her.
“Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.
“As a mark of respect, the College will close at 3pm on Thursday 20 December for the Christmas holiday. Our Sixth Form Presentation has been cancelled, and will be rescheduled in the New Year.
“In the New Year, we will plan a celebration of Anna’s life, and her great work here at Frome College.”
A police spokesman said earlier: “The collision involved a black Porsche Cayenne and a grey Peugeot, which were both travelling in the direction of Bath.
“The driver of the Peugeot, a 34-year-old woman from the Warminster area, sustained significant injuries and was sadly pronounced dead at the scene. We can confirm that the woman was pregnant and tragically, her unborn baby also died as a result of the collision.
“Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this extremely difficult time. They are being supported by a specially trained family liaison officer.
“The driver of the Porsche, a 62-year-old man from the Bath area, was airlifted to Southmead Hospital in Bristol with serious injuries. He is said to be in a critical condition.”
Sergeant Andy Moreton said: “This is an extremely upsetting incident. As part of our investigation to determine exactly what caused this collision, we would like to speak to anyone who witnessed it or who saw either vehicle immediately before.
“As well as this, we would like anyone with dash-cam footage who was in the area of the A36 near Warminster at around 1pm on Tuesday, to please get in touch immediately. You may have footage which could significantly help with our inquiries.”
- Anyone with information or footage is asked to contact Wiltshire Police’s Roads Policing Unit on 101, quoting Log 144 of Tuesday 18 December. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Smiling at the massacre scene: Haunting final Halloween picture of pregnant mum killed alongside three children in Texas shooting
- Speeding banker crashed into pregnant woman’s car, killing her unborn baby
- Pictured: heavily pregnant mum-to-be killed in house fire as man appears in court charged with her murder
- Company director admits trying to stab heavily pregnant woman and her unborn child to death
- Arsonist admits killing heavily pregnant mum-to-be in tower block fire
- Pregnant mum and her unborn child are killed in three car pile-up on M4
- Heavily pregnant Ciara reassures fans she and unborn baby are OK as pictures emerge of aftermath of LA car accident
- Heavily pregnant Ciara looks ready to pop as she shows off her huge bump in tight black dress
- Twisted boyfriend who put a knife to his pregnant girlfriend’s throat and threatened to ‘stamp out’ their unborn baby is jailed
- Mum-to-be and her unborn baby nearly killed by her HAIR DYE
- Twisted lover who set FIRE to his heavily pregnant girlfriend so no-one else would want her is jailed for 18 years
- Twisted couple ‘kidnap pregnant woman’ before ‘cutting the unborn baby out of her, killing them both’
First picture of heavily-pregnant teacher killed alongside unborn baby in Porsche crash have 940 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.