An open-air music show titled Chuc Mung Nam Moi (Happy New Year) will open on New Year’s Eve in District 1’s Le Duan Street.
It will feature young singers and dance groups from local cultural clubs in the rural districts of Thu Duc, Nha Be and Hoc Mon.
A music gala will be staged at 8pm on December 30 and 31 at the Youth Cultural House on Pham Ngoc Thach Street, with 30 musicians and singers performing with traditional instruments. Puppet artists and magicians will also be included.
District 11’s Dam Sen Park and District 9’s Suoi Tien Park, two of the city’s biggest parks, are promoting the holiday spirit through entertainment programmes.
Dam Sen Park’s visitors will enjoy for free a programme of music, dance, comedy, circus and puppet shows, which began on December 29 and runs through January 1.
Suoi Tien Park will offer free tickets, candy and toys to disadvantaged children from welfare facilities around the city, while young artists of the Small Drama Theatre will stage a new comedy to serve theatregoers during the holiday.
The comedy, entitled Dep Bat Chap (The Beauty) is a production by young scriptwriter and director Bui Quoc Bao, who uses both Eastern and Western styles to feature the play’s theme about urban women and social problems. It will be staged every Saturday and Sunday in January at 5B Vo Van Tan Street in District 1.-VNA
- Sweden helps HCM City build smart transportation network
- Halestorm, In This Moment, New Years Day, Stitched Up Heart rock fans at White Oak Music Hall
- New Mayor LaToya Cantrell takes office: New Orleans 'A city open to all'
- Huge country music show featuring Dwight Yoakam coming to White Oak Music Hall
- Cramped, cluttered and green goo. Is it time for a new Fort Worth City Hall?
- MeadowGrass Music Fest commemorates 10-year anniversary with retrospective art show
- 6 must-see shows on New Orleans Jazz Fest's 2nd Sunday (May 6)
- New Orleans only city vying for Super Bowl 2024 at NFL owners meetings on Wednesday
- Revealing racerback swimsuit goes on show in new V&A museum
- Inca Hockey: A new year’s ritual!